Uses for IPCopper
Home > Packet Capture > Uses > Educational Settings
Using Packet Capture in an Educational Setting
IPCopper packet capture products are extremely versatile tools that can be used in a wide variety of settings. Within school and educational settings, IPCopper packet capture appliances may be used both as monitoring tools to test network security compliance and to ensure the integrity and proper function of your network.
Monitoring and Securing Data Networks
Network and data security are particularly important for educational organizations, such as schools and universities. For these types of networks, strategically placed packet capture appliances monitor transmissions in and out of network nodes containing sensitive information and help pinpoint issues with network security devices and compliance with informational security protocols and procedures. In addition, IPCopper captures and retains records of suspicious network activity, so that in the event of a breach or network event, network administrators have the information necessarily to examine exactly what happened before, during and after any such event and conduct thorough and effective network forensics. If any data leaves the premises via the network connection, IPCopper would know.
IPCopper as a Diagnostic Tool
IPCopper packet capture appliances also aid in troubleshooting networking issues, such as internet and router configurations by showing the exact IP transmissions.
- Record all internet packets, either as tap or pass-through.
- Use IPCopper with any network device, including computers, printers, routers, servers — any device that uses Ethernet framing for communication, regardless of the higher-level protocol (IP, ARP, SMTP, POP, etc.).
- Record communications and monitor single or multiple pieces of equipment with one device.
- Data gathering tool for network forensics
- Log access to sensitive network nodes
- Unsurpassed network traffic collection and recording
As one of the most lightweight packet capture appliances on the market, IPCopper is also extremely portable, making it easy to take to any problem network nodes and install as needed.