For a 20-person office*
|Light||About 8 years|
|Medium||About 4 years|
|Heavy||About 2 years|
Uses for IPCopper
Data Security News
Home > Products > Packet Capture > IPCopper USC2030
Forensic GbE (1000BASE-T) 10/100/1000Mbps
full packet capture appliance
The IPCopper USC2030 is a standalone, dedicated full packet capture appliance delivering high-performance, forensic network capture at gigabit speeds with zero loss and zero effect on network flow, speed or operations. Deployed singly or in multiples, the USC2030 is an infinitely scaleable network capture solution for monitoring any network point, from the perimeter to the core. The USC2030 is ideal for long-duration, sustained forensic packet capture.
With the USC2030, network traffic recording has never been easier or more versatile. Simply install the USC2030 along the wire for high fidelity network traffic recording — the device automatically functions as either pass-through or SPAN without any user configuration or intervention required, other than connecting a few cables. Data downloads from the appliance in PCAP format, for use with any standard PCAP applications for packet analysis, file extraction, session reconstruction and more.
- Gather detailed and comprehensive evidence to prevent and prosecute cyber-attacks, corporate espionage and internal misuse.
- Detect network intrusions, unauthorized access and advanced persistent threats.
- Reconstruct network events and breach incidents for network forensic analysis.
- Reduce incident response time and prevent false positives.
- Demonstrate compliance with network security regulations such as HIPAA, SOX, PCI and other.
- Identify and troubleshoot network problems, benchmark servers and bolster network security.
- Carbon copy emails, IM chats and other IP-based communications; record VoIP calls and SIP sessions.
- Unobtrusively monitor employee internet/network activity; log server access.
Full Network Visibility
IPCopper USC2030 packet capture appliances are network traffic recording systems capable of recording 100% of network activity at gigabit speed with no packet loss. Full packet capture provides network administrators and network forensic analysts with the complete picture, providing historical and current network activity in its entirety, including both packet headers and payloads.
Additionally, the USC2030 is a forensic-class packet capture appliance. Once the network activity data is captured, it cannot be deleted, modified or overwritten, delivering accurate and complete capture data when needed.
Packet Capture with Integrated Data Security
After capturing network traffic, the USC2030 encrypts the data and writes it directly to disk, securely storing months and years of network activity for when it's needed (read more on storage capacity). In addition to its dual encryption, the USC2030 features our patent-pending stealthy profile to hide its presence on the network from would-be snoopers and prevent unauthorized access to your recorded network data. The included Windows-based management utility provides for secure data retrieval via an encrypted intranet connection that does not compromise the USC2030's electronic invisibility; in fact, the USC2030 is able to operate and capture packets without interruption even during data retrieval.
- Forensic-class packet capture
- Peak Capture Rate: 1 Gbps
- Min. Sustained Capture Speed: 400 Mbps
- Min. Sustained Packet Rate: 150,000 packets per second
- Jumbo Frames Support: Up to 9KB
- Memory Capacity: 2 TB (actual storage available for captured data, less overhead - read more about storage capacity)
- Automatic data indexing (less than 10 seconds to receive first byte of a request)
- Network Interface: 2 x RJ-45 GbE 10/100/1000Mbps
- Processor: Intel dual core
- Supported Protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, ARP, POP3, SMTP and others that use underlying Ethernet or Ethernet framing as transport
- Flow Control: Supported
- Encryption: dual encryption, using removable, external 20Kb key
- Enclosure: Tamper-proof, sealed 12 ga. metal
- Weight: 4.5 lbs
- Dimensions: 3” x 9” x 7.5”
Many custom and optional features are available, including (for US government and law enforcement agencies only) the ability to set up alternate filter-based encryption, to protect the privacy of non-targeted traffic. For more information, please contact us.
Production Status: Available.
Your first unit directly from IPCopper is only $1,299: Download Order Form.
For customization, volume or direct purchases, please contact us.